You smell that?

....that's football season. You already know what time it is.

As I sit here listening to music and surfin the net, I thought about the Goodie Mob reunion and my mind instantly zapped to one of my favorite songs -- Liberation by Outkast ft. Cee-Lo and Erykah Badu.



I remember when this album dropped. I was in High School and I bumped the entire thing FAITHFULLY. But this song here? This song took my breath away when I first heard it -- and still does so to this day. From 3 Stacks ad-libbing, to Big Boi harmonizing his verse, to Cee-Lo's gritty soul, to Ms. Badu stealing the show, to Big Rube dropping knowledge, to ?uestlove murdering those drums....this song is a classic.

Because of that fact...I had to sample this song once my passion for beatmaking developed over the years. I was able to take a few keys from the song and make a nice loop....check it out -- Liberated produced by Ron Styles:



HOLLA.

Comments