The Return...


 "When I come back like Jordan, wearin' the 4-5....it ain't to play games with you..."

They say the measure of a man is how he responds to adversity. Many factors go in to determining manhood, but if a man can't respond to a challenge then he'll never amount to anything of value. Some men crumble under the weight of their troubles. Others find strength in their weaknesses and rise to the occasion. I've faced those two decisions time and time again this past year and well into this past summer. At 28 years old I can honestly say that I still have a lot to learn about life and the people in it. I've found out a lot about myself, especially in these past 5 months. I've had to leave some people behind, turn a new leaf in my life and redirect my focus. Moves that should provide for a better quality of living, one would think, but I'll be damned if it didn't turn out to be probably the most difficult stretch of my life so far.

It wasn't all bad though. I met the love of my life. A woman whom I've actually known since our younger days. A chance meeting evolved into marriage and a new baby daughter. It's funny how things work sometimes. For so many years I've been trying to please other people and set my feelings to the side. With her, I can finally do both and its reciprocated. That's all I ever wanted.

It wasn't all good either. I'm currently in a custody battle in order to see my son on a regular basis. I'm not the type to get into particulars, but anybody that knows me knows that I love -- and will do anything for -- my son. The things I've been through surrounding this situation aren't even able to be effectively described. I teach my son to respect his mother and because of that I would never express my true feelings here. But all anybody ever needs to know is that no matter what and no matter who, I will never stop being in my son's life.

The good and bad made way for a perfect storm that forced me away from my passions and dreams. I've missed writing for y'all. I've missed connecting with the young and upcoming talent in my state. But I promise you, I've never stopped working. We've recorded lots of new music and we've made plans to release plenty of new stuff. The homie Leggs is still gettin it in and has been putting incredible amounts of work while helping me thru this transition. I just feel like we're ready. So many years of "almost being there" or "almost good enough" has gotten old. We have to use moments like this to build up momentum toward the future.

The moral of the story is that I'm still here. God has blessed us so much. I still have my family, my health, my career and my goals. Albeit, I had to learn how to become a man, but I now realize how much I didn't get it. Nobody would think that there's much of a difference between being 23-24 years or 28-29 years old, but I feel like a new person; but with the same love for my family and the same love for my music...that's why I had to come back here.

Let's consider this the first day of the rest of our lives together. N.O.R.T.H. Co. is still here and we have no plans on ever stopping. Thank you so much for your continued support.

HOLLA.


Comments