New N.O.R.T.H. Music - J.Leggs ::: Freestyle Chronicles Vol. 1


This is what we've been out here pushin for the past few days. You've heard about it....16 tracks of the purest Carolina music from one of the illest - if not the illest - Carolina MCs.

I'm not sayin that because he my bro...I'm sayin that because I listen. I listen to everybody in NC -- why you think I started this blog? lol...I like alot of artists in NC....but this mixtape here is something I've never heard before. It's new. It's refreshing. It's a different sound...a different feel.


Everybody is so caught up on TRYING to make a hit that they sometimes forget to just make good music. Experiment sometimes. You can't always follow a 'formula'...nor can you always imitate what you hear on the radio. That's a surefire way to wind up soundin like everybody else. I always felt like if you can create your own musical lane then it was always in you; music, that is. Alot of so-called rappers 'acquired' the skill because it was something that intrigued them at some point in their life -- or...they thought the rap game was "easy". Not saying that anything is wrong with the former, because there are those that do succeed; however, we all know people in the latter that's all of a sudden "tryin to do this music thing". Give it up son.

Me and this dude Leggs been at this grind for a good 8 years. This mixtape has been a long time coming...and it's funny because it's all real. "Freestyle Chronicles" means exactly that. It's the chronicles of J. Leggs' life from the beginning to now as a General of this N.O.R.T.H. Camp. 16 freestyle'd songs that I witnessed him create...off the dome. No pen. No pad. Just the booth, me and Leggs. I know I passed out a couple nights...early in the morning, 3 a.m.-type shit -- just recording free thoughts as they came. We recorded heavy for about 3 months straight in 2009. Up in North Charlotte off of Graham St., it was a good time for N.O.R.T.H. We were all back together for the first time in a few years and we were able to create a bunch of good music.

I believe Leggs recorded over about 30 tracks for the Chronicles at first. My dude was just goin in the lab every hour on the hour. Night after night. Somebody would buy some drinks and somebody else would roll up...next thing I know, 2 mixtapes and a digital album are done lol. The Freestyle Chronicles contains the thoughts and passions of a young, black man that only wants to eat off of the talents given to him by God. The killer instinct of a #1 contender. Pain, stress, greed, hunger, love, dream, success, live, work, do -- like my man B. Fenner said "They all can go together in the same sentance" -- and they definitely all go together on this mixtape.

N.O.R.T.H. Co. & Triple G'z serves to you a true Carolina Visionary...NORTH..NORTH

Now..the official release date of the tape is NOVEMBER 30TH. NOVEMBER 30TH. NOVEMBER 30TH. But for the time being we gonna go ahead a leak a few tracks (click links to download):


That Cray Cray pt. 1 (Prod. by Styles)


That Cray Cray pt. 2 (Prod. by Styles)


She Ready


Keep it Moving

HOLLA!

Comments