I want 'em to love me like they love 'Pac...


Man...14 years ago on this day, arguably the greatest rapper of all time passed away.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

I remember sitting in my mom's living room when a "breaking news flash" came up on Channel 9. I already knew 'Pac had gotten shot a couple days beforehand, but just like Biggie said and how the rest of America felt -- I thought he would get up and out of the hospital and go write another song about it.

Little did we know that that would be the very last time we would have this great street poet in our everyday lives. It was heartbreaking. Confusing. Earth shattering to the world of Hip-Hop. We'd lost one of our greats. The Malcolm X of our generation.

...and honestly, I don't think hip-hop has ever been the same since then.

So let's put one in the air for the big homie Tupac. The world misses you!!

Here's a N.O.R.T.H. remake of the classic 'Pac and Scarface joint, Smile:



HOLLA.

Comments