Grandmaster Flash takes us to the root of it all....

Grandmaster Flash -- one of the pioneers of DJing, cutting and mixing -- is starting a new video series documenting the origins of the DJ culture. Below is a blurb from nahright.com:

Whaaaat’s up! I’ve just released my first video detailing my humble beginnings and where the DJ science of using the turntables as an instrument was created!

This is part one of my tour of where I grew up in the Bronx and my process in creating the turntable science. Journalists get it correct, the dawn of Hip Hop was in the 70’s!!!

Stay tuned, there will be more videos on the way. Just trying to set the record straight for journalists and hip hop historians who aren’t getting it right!!!

Check it out some classic Grandmaster Flash below.

HOLLA.

Comments